For Trailing suction hopper dredgers
THE DREDGING MONITORING SYSTEM FOR TRAILING SUCTION HOPPER DREDGERS
The 3D positioning and monitoring system for trailing suction hopper dredgers provides a significant increase in efficiency of the dredging works. A dredge master can control the location of a dredger with regard to the depth map, as well as the location of the draghead against the bottom surface, project depth and boundaries. Moreover, an operator can always identify the areas where the works haven’t been performed yet.
- Real-time dredge output information.
- Current reports on processed amounts of slurry and dry material with data collected separately for each operator.
- Saving of the dredge output information for each operator and over all project
- Realtime spatial control of the dredger
- Dredging process logging (control of the bottom surface by means of colored depth maps, a digital tablet and 3D representation).
- Use of 3D bottom models as project layouts.
- Introduction and editing of designed level marks (as well as lines, inscriptions and other details on the topographic map).
- Remote monitoring of the production process.
- On-the-fly recording of performed works, equipment and personnel operation time.
- Automatic reports on executed works, including the cubic volume, scope of excess excavation made, treated area etc.
If Nonius™ TSHD and Nonius™ FleetControl are used together, the module of automatic reporting allows the Manager to check the scope of completed works without involvement of the staff, as well as to remotely supervise the progress of works real-time, to assess the dynamics of works and to compare progress achieved by several operators. If the systems are installed on several dredgers, the online interface FleetControl allows to supervise the operation of all units of equipment and to objectively assess the overall production situation.